এসএসসি পরীক্ষার্থীদের প্রস্তুতি
ইংরেজি প্রথমপত্র মডেল টেস্ট-৩
গতকাল প্রকাশিত অংশের পর
প্রকাশ : ২২ জানুয়ারি ২০১৯, ০০:০০ | প্রিন্ট সংস্করণ
হাসান মঞ্জুর হিলালী
সহকারী প্রধান শিক্ষক, ইংলিশ ভার্সন
মতিঝিল মডেল স্কুল অ্যান্ড কলেজ
মডেল টেস্টের বাকি অংশ ও উত্তর
Part B: Writing Test (50 Marks)
7. Put the following parts of the story in correct order to rewrite the whole story. Only the corresponding numbers of the sentences need to be written. 1×8=8
(a) Socrates met his friends and disciples for the last time.
(b) Then there came a man with a cup in hand.
(c) With eyes full of tears, they bade Socrates a last farewell.
(d) He told them that the soul of man cannot die.
(e) He argued with them about the immortality of the soul.
(f) At last, the hour of departure had arrived.
(g) At sunset, the †overnor of the prison came.
(h) The cup contained hemlock, a very strong poison and Socrates took the cup in hand and drank without aû hesitation.
Part B: Writing Test (50 Marks)
8. Write a paragraph on 'Traffic Jam' by answering the following questions. You should write about 250 words. 10
(a) What do you mean by traffic jam? (b) Why does traffic jam occur? (c) What is the effect of traffic jam? (d) Hwo do you feel at the time of traffic jam? (e) What measures should we take to remove traffic jam?
9. Read the beginning of a story. Write ten nwe sentences to complete the story. 10
It was a summer day. A crwo became very thirsty. It began to move here and there in search of drinking water but in vain. The crow did not lose hope..........
10. Look at the following bar graph. It shows the birth rate of population of Bangladesh in different years from 2011 to 2018. Now, write a paragraph analyying the chart. 10
Birth rate of population of Bangladesh
11. Suppose, you are Jamal/Jerin of 301 Shantinagor, Dhaka. You have a best friend named Salam/Salma who lives at 25 Nowmahal, ¸mensingh. Now, write a letter to your friend congratulating him/her on his/her brilliant success in the examination. 10
12. Suppose, you are Kamal/Krisnokoli and your friend is Tamim/Tamanna. Now, write a dialogue between you and your friend about the bad effects of smoking. 10
মডেল টেস্টের উত্তর
1. Multiple choice:
(a) (iv) remember an event
(b) (iv) deprived
(c) (ii) surrender
(d) (iii) one striker died on the spot
(e) (ii) they raised their voice against deprivation
(f) (iii) the work places were hayardous
(g) (iv) all these
(a) May 1st is called International Workers' Day because on that day in 1886 the valiant workers laid down their lives to establish the rights of the workers.
(b) The police fired at the crowd to stop their movement.
(c) The demand of the workers was an eight-hour workday.
(d) After the firing, one striker was found dead, five or six others were seriously wounded. Consequently, the authority was bound to meet the demand of the workers.
(e) The events of May Day remind us that workers will continue to be exploited until they stand up and speak out to gain better working condition, better pay and better lives.
3. Filling in the gaps without clues
(a) slum (b) everything (c) consumed
(d) shattered (e) harsh
4. Information transfer
(i) was born (ii) Mohammad Babor
(iii) In November, 1497
(iv) was occupied (v) 1500
Zahir Uddin Mohammad Babor was the founder of the Mughal dynasty. When he ascended the throne, he was surrounded by many enemies. He fought against Ahmed Mirya and captured Sourate but soon he lost both Sourate and Fargana. After that he had to wander about one year. At last he was able to regain his kingdom. He ruled over a long time and died in 1530.
(a) The Olympic Games were named after the town of Olympia in Greece.
(b) It was in Olympia that the games were first held long before the Christian era began.
(c) In those days Greece was divided into maû cities, and men of different cities used to fight one another most of the time.
(d) A man named Iphitos became concerned about such wasteful strifes.
(e) He invited the best athletes from the nearby cities to the valley of Olympia to take part in athletic contests.