মো. জাকারিয়া আলম ১৮ জুলাই ২০১৯, ০০:০০ | প্রিন্ট সংস্করণ
ঢাকা রেসিডেন্সিয়াল মডেল কলেজ, ঢাকা
[পূর্বে প্রকাশিত অংশের পর]
20. 'Communicative competence' means the ability to use (a) --- language in (b) --- appropriate manner in different situations. There are tow ways of developing communicative competence in (c) --- language. (d) --- first is acquisition which is similar to (e) --- way people develop their ability in their mother tongue. ItÕs a natural subconscious process in which people are not usually aware of acquiring (f) --- language. They are only aware of (g) --- communication. So, acquisition is picking up (h) --- language in (i) --- instinctive way. It may be called (j) --- implicit method of learning.
Answer : (a) × (b) an (c) a (d) the (e) the (f) a (g) × (h) a (i) an (j) the
21. Literacy as (a) · skill was first institutionalized in Mesopotamia, Syria, Egypt and China soon after (b) · art of writing was invented. Education then was not for (c) · general people but (d) · privilege for (e) · chosen (f) · fwe who took on strategic roles in (g) · running of (h) · state and in religion. In Greece, education became more widespread in about the 5th century BC. (i) · Greeks, however, sent only their (j) · male children to school.
Answer : (a) a (b) the (c) the (d) a (e) the (f) × (g) the (h) the (i) the (j) ×
22. (a) · idle man and (b) · active man cannot be equal. We know (c) · story of (d) · ant (e) · grasshopper. (f) · ant was industrious. On the other hand the grasshopper was really (g) ·· layy. The ant knows that (h) · industrious shine. On (i) · contrary (j) · layy suffer in life.
Answers : (a) an (b) an (c) the (d) an/the (e) a/the (f) the (g) × (h) the (i) the (j) the
23. To forgive (a) · injury is often considered to be (b) · sign of weakness. It is really (c) · sign of strength. It is easy to allow oneself to be carried away by resentment and hatred into (d) · act of vengeance: but it takes (e) · strong character to restrain those natural passions. The man who forgives (f) · injury proves himself to be, (g) · superior of the man who wronged him, and (h) · wrongdoer to shame. Forgiveness may even (i) · turn a foe into a friend. So mercy is (j) · noblest from of revenge,
Answer : 1. (a)an (b)a (c)a (d)an (e)a (f)an (g)x (h) the (i) x (j) the
24. Life is full of (a) · unfavorable circumstances, (b) · great men in (c) · world bravely faced (d) · adverse situations. These situations bring out (e) · man's latent qualities, (f) · man in such circumstances learns ma√ virtues like fortitude and bravery. Only (g) · virtues and brave men can conquer (h) · obstacles of life, (i) · adverse situations have glorified (j) · minds and characters of great men.
Answer : a)x b)the c)the d)the e)a f)a (g)the (h)the (i)the (j)the
Answer : 2. a)x b)the c)the d)the e)a f)a (g)the (h)the (i)the (j)the
25. (a) · underground is (b) · electrically operated underground (c) · railroad. Its construction was first stimulated in (d) · 19th century, (e) · world's first underground was (f) · brainchild of Charles Pearson, solicitor of the city of London. The first phase between Fanington to Paddington was begun in 1860 and completed in 1863, the construction was done in (g) · cut and cover method, (h) · arched brick structure was first constructed in (i) · open trench and then earth was (j) · backfilled over it.
Answer : 3. a)the b)an c)x d)the e)the f)the g)the h)the i)an j)x
26. Our life is (a) -- sum total of days, months and years. But all days are not equally memorable to us. Most of (b) -- days are forgotten with (c) -- passage of time. Only (d) -- fwe days remain fresh in our memory. My first day at school is such (e) -- amusing day. It is still fresh in my mind. When I was (f) -- boy of six, my father got me admitted into (g) -- nwe school. We took a rickshwa and arrived at (h) -- school. I felt both (i) -- joy and fear.
Answer : 4. (a)a (b)the (c)the (d)a (e)an (f)a (g)a (h)x (i)x
27. Money cannot byu (a) -- happiness. Money is (b) -- must for our life. But it is not (c) -- essential factor to bring our happiness. Happiness is absolutely (d) -- psychological thing. It is (e) -- name of (f) -- feeling. It means the contentment of mind. He who is (g) -- satisfied with what he gets and contented with his life is (h) -- really a happy man. Happiness cannot be purchased by (i) -- money. No doubt money has got something to do with (j) -- happiness but it cannot give us happiness.
Answer : 5. (a)x (b)a (c)an (d)a (e)the (f)a (g)x (h)a (i)x (j)x
28. (a) -- Bangladesh is (b) -- land of six seasons. Of all (c) -- seasons I like (d) -- spring most. It is called (e) -- queen of seasons. It comprises (f) -- Bangli months of (g) -- Falgoon and Chaitra. After (h) -- end of (i) -- winter, it comes with all its beauty and (j) -- charms.
Answer : 6.a)x b)a c)the d)the e)the f)the (g)x (h)the (i)the (j)x
29. More than (a) -- thousand years before (b) -- Christ, near (c) -- eastern end of (d) -- Mediterranean was (e) -- great city. Very rich and power second to none on (f) -- earth. (g) -- name of it was Troy and even today no city is more famous. (h) -- cause of this long lasting fame was (i) -- war told of one of the worldÕs great poems, the Iliad, and (j) -- cause of the war went back to a dispute between three jealous goddesses.
Answer : 7. a)a b)the c)the d)the e)a f)the g)the (h) the (i)a (j)the
ভারপ্রাপ্ত সম্পাদক : সাইফুল আলম, প্রকাশক : সালমা ইসলাম
প্রকাশক কর্তৃক ক-২৪৪ প্রগতি সরণি, কুড়িল (বিশ্বরোড), বারিধারা, ঢাকা-১২২৯ থেকে প্রকাশিত এবং যমুনা প্রিন্টিং এন্ড পাবলিশিং লিঃ থেকে মুদ্রিত।
পিএবিএক্স : ৯৮২৪০৫৪-৬১, রিপোর্টিং : ৯৮২৪০৭৩, বিজ্ঞাপন : ৯৮২৪০৬২, ফ্যাক্স : ৯৮২৪০৬৩, সার্কুলেশন : ৯৮২৪০৭২। ফ্যাক্স : ৯৮২৪০৬৬
E-mail: [email protected]
© সর্বস্বত্ব স্বত্বাধিকার সংরক্ষিত ২০০০-২০১৯