হাসান মঞ্জুর হিলালী ২২ অক্টোবর ২০১৯, ০০:০০:০০ | প্রিন্ট সংস্করণ
সহকারী প্রধান শিক্ষক, ইংলিশ ভার্সন
মতিঝিল মডেল স্কুল অ্যান্ড কলেজ
[পূর্বে প্রকাশিত মডেল টেস্টের বাকি অংশ ও উত্তর পর]
8. The phrases in column A are the beginning of some sentences. The phrases in column B are the endings. Match the phrases in column A with the phrases in column B to make complete sentences. 1×5=5
Part C: Grammar
9. Read the text below and fill in the gaps with the root words in the brackets adding suitable suffix, prefix or both. 0.5×10=5
Our education remains (a) ---- (complete) if we do not learn good manners. In our behaviour we must be (b) ----(respect) of others. We should never (c) ----(behave) towards anybody because our (d) ----(conduct) may hurt others. We should not create any (e) ----(necessary) quarrel with others. The (f) ----(important) of good manners is (g) ----(measurable). (h) ----(Real) a man of good manners is a gentleman. A good (i) ----(manner) person is liked by all in society. It is quite (j) ----(possible) for a person to earn other's respect without good manner.
10. Fill in the gaps in the following text with appropriate articles (a, an or the). Put a cross (×) where no article is used. 0.5×10=5
A true friend is (a) ----asset. He stands by his (b) ----friend in time of danger. He is not (c) ----greedy man. He always wishes for (d) ----welfare of his friend. But it is (e) ----matter of (f) ----fact that (g) ----ideal friend is very rare today. (h) ----selfish man cannot be (i) ----true friend. He thinks of his own (j) ----interest.
11. Change the following sentences as directed in the brackets. 1×5=5
(a) The Taj Mahal is a wonderful building. (Exclamatory)
Emperor Shahjahan built the Taj as a tomb for his wife. (Interrogative)
He loved his wife very much. (Negative)
People like it most on a moonlit night. (Passive)
It is surrounded by a beautiful garden. (Active)
12. Rewrite the following passage changing the form of speech. 5
The traveller said to the peasant, 'Can you tell me the way to the nearest inn?' The peasant said, 'Yes, do you want one in which you can spend the night?' The traveller said, 'I do not wish to stay there, but I only want a meal.'
13. Use capital letters and punctuation marks as needed in the following passage. 0.5×10=5
yaman said to me have you finished reading the book yes i have finished reading the book i replied what an interesting book it is i wish i would borrwo the book earlier i said will you return the book to me today he asked
Part D: Writing
14. Suppose, you are Abir and chatting with your friend, Sayem. Write a dialogue between you and your friend about your aim in life/choice of career. 10
15. Suppose, you are Ayesha. You have a friend named Asha. Now, write an email to your friend inviting her to spend the summer vacation in your village. You may send the email to asha-gmail.com. In your email, you should 10
-write a subject line
-use proper salutation/greetings
-invite your friend to spend the summer vacation in your village
-give a description what you will do there
-write a closing remark
-write your name
16. Write a paragraph of 150 words on 'Your School Library'. Your writing should address the following questions. 10
(a) What is a school library?
(b) Write about the importance of a school library?
(c) Where is it located?
(d) Hwo are the books arranged?
(e) What do you think about your school library?
মডেল টেস্টের উত্তর
1. (a) (ii) Native, (b) (ii) Bengali,
(c) (iii) Commercially (d) (iii) Jasimuddin
(e) (i) Poet (f) (iii) Artistic design (g) (ii) 1929
2. (a) Nakshi Kantha is a kind of embroidered quilt.
(b) The name 'Nakshi Kantha' became popular after the poet Jasimuddin's poem 'Nakshi Kanthar Math' had been published in 1929.
(c) Mymensingh, Jamalpur, Rajshahi, Faridpur, Bogura and Jashore are most popular for Nakshi Kantha.
(d) Old or nwe cloth and thread are needed to prepare Nakshi Kanthas.
3. (a) good; (b) journey; (c) tired; (d) dark; (e) heavily
4. i) Tagore family; ii) 1874; iii) was sent to study law; iv) translated his poems of 'The †itanjali'; v) at the age of sixteen.
5. a) False. At the age of seventeen he was sent to London to study law.
b) False. Banaphul is a poetic novel written by Rabindranath Tagore.
c) False. Rabindranath Tagore began to write in all branches of literature after coming back from England.
d) True. e) True.
6. (a) the; (b) work; (c) punishable; (d) number; (e) by; (f) though; (g) people; (h) are; (i) impediment; (j) to.
7. (a) his; (b) path; (c) happiness; (d) not; (e) has .
8. (i+c), (ii+a), (iii+e), (iv+b), (v+d)
9. (a) incomplete; (b) respectful; (c) misbehave; (d) misconduct; (e) unnecessary;
importance; (g) immeasurable; (h) Really; (i) mannered; (j) impossible.
10. (a) an; (b) ×; (c) a; (d) the; (e) a; (f) ×; (g) an; (h) A; (i) a; (j) ×.
11. (a) What a wonderful building the Taj Mahal is!
(b) Didn't Emperor Shahjahan build the Taj as a tomb for his wife?
(c) He never hated his wife.
(d) It is liked most by people on a moonlit night.
(e) A beautiful garden surrounds it.
12. Answer: The traveller asked the peasant if he (p) could tell him (t) the way to the nearest inn. The peasant replied in the affirmative and asked him if he (t) wanted one in which he (t) could spend the night. The traveller replied that he did not wish to stay there but he (t) only wanted a meal.
13. Answer: Zaman said to me, 'Have you finished reading the book?' 'Yes, I have finished reading the book,' I replied. 'What an interesting book it is! I wish I would borrwo the book earlier,' I said. 'Will you return the book to me, today?' he asked.
সম্পাদক : সাইফুল আলম, প্রকাশক : সালমা ইসলাম
প্রকাশক কর্তৃক ক-২৪৪ প্রগতি সরণি, কুড়িল (বিশ্বরোড), বারিধারা, ঢাকা-১২২৯ থেকে প্রকাশিত এবং যমুনা প্রিন্টিং এন্ড পাবলিশিং লিঃ থেকে মুদ্রিত।
পিএবিএক্স : ৯৮২৪০৫৪-৬১, রিপোর্টিং : ৯৮২৪০৭৩, বিজ্ঞাপন : ৯৮২৪০৬২, ফ্যাক্স : ৯৮২৪০৬৩, সার্কুলেশন : ৯৮২৪০৭২। ফ্যাক্স : ৯৮২৪০৬৬
E-mail: [email protected]
© সর্বস্বত্ব স্বত্বাধিকার সংরক্ষিত